Question Details
Lymphosarcoma Related Problems In A Cat
by drsusie - May 21, 2009
Hi Steve,
I am treating a cat who was diagnosed with vaccine associated sarcoma which was removed a few years ago. She does have a small area of radiopacity on her lungs, but it has not changed in the past 8 months. She is mildly hyperthyroid, but began vomiting on methimazole, which was discontinued. She is now vomiting daily and has bloody diarrhea and dehydration. I am waiting for her T4 to come back to see if it is elevated again. Her pulses are difficult to feel, but are somewhat wiry. She is a difficult cat to handle, starts out ok, then goes snakey so you can't get near her. Any suggestions?
Thanks Susie
Replies
by naturevet
May 21, 2009
She sounds very Damp Heat to me, given the findings of vomiting, bloody diarrhea, sarcoma, wiry pulse and an unpredictable temperament.

I would change the diet away from carbs if that hasn't been done. In addition, Si Miao San seems appropriate at the very least. Or you can try modified Wen Dan Tang. SMS comes in liquid or pills from K'an and so maybe easier to give. But if the cat eats will, there's a better guarantee of anti-thyroid activity with the modified Wen Dan Tang.

Good luck!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply