Question Details
Chamomile And Minor Bupleurum
by
Hi Steve,
Thank you so much for your gift of teaching. I have already used the things I learned on several cases. It's amazing, because I have heard it all before, but every time I hear you speak I learn more and at a deeper level.

Looking forward to seeing you guys next week. You will be meeting the guy I have been seeing for the past year (his name is Steve too). He's a kind man, and loves sailing, so you guys might have something in common.

I spoke with UCDavis today and have a question on the chamomile - just to be sure I remembered right...You said the yam must be genetically altered to have estrogen effects and to cause the bone marrow suppression? If so, how does it work in hot flashes if it doesn't act like estrogen? The vet up there is very intelligent and open to what I am saying and I'd like to explain it to her more.

She actually referred a case down to me today - a lab with lyme nephritis -really bad case on dialysis for the past 2-3 weeks, 4 blood transfusions and a feeding tube. The owner picked him up there and brought him here and then back up there!

He is on doxy, aspirin, pepcid, sucralfate, cerenia, amlodipine when needed (his bp goes hi with dialysis), and chemo weekly. They are convinced that they must suppress the inflammation to stop the ag/ab deposition in the kidneys to save him. He is having bone marrow suppression and anemia and low platelets, suppposedly from the chem drugs. His tongue was PALE, lavender and moist. His pulse was HUGE, strong and wiry. The pusle improve with a needle in the area of ST 41/ST42, and near BG41, also imroved with St 37, GB 25 (in that shaoyang area), GB 23 (a lot). GV3 made it worse. I prescribed the xiao chai hu jia gin gia tang, bu twondered about xiao chai hu jia yu yin tang. Any thoughts?

Again, thanks so much.
Replies
by naturevet
March 23, 2009
Hi there,

Wild Yam of any type has no active hormone in it. Wild Yam creams are made by altering in the laboratory the otherwise inactive plant steroids. So all wild yam creams are actually synthetic. The steroids present in wild yam do not have any significant estrogen or progesterone activity.

XCHT with Qin Jiao is a good place to start. Given the Stomach channel points that are active, San Ren Tang may also be useful in tandem with the other formula.

Hope that helps!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply