Question Details
Osteosarcoma
by Lewter - August 15, 2017
I seem to attract these cases. Nobody else offers any hope for them. I have a new case, early - barely visible on rads, but lameness in forelimb-humerus. it is a Laborador retriever. Owner has asked about artemisinin. there is some recent research on success with human OSA cell lines. Currently, we are treating with Vit a and D, Hoxsey Boneset, Tumeric. time to add more to the protocol. Tongue is pink, pulse normal, sweet kind temperament. I understand Dr Bannik is doing some research on this. Any new ideas?
Marge Lewter
Replies
by bannink
October 11, 2017
Hi Marge,

I've had some success palliating with the OSA study formula Steve formulated for us. I think you should be able to use it with the Horsey and Boneset. Survival times overall are 4-5 months versus 3 months with analgesics alone for dogs who are not amputated. Although for patients in which lameness resolves completely with NSAIDS before starting the herbs I have a few long term survivors (6-12 months) - that seems to be the patient population that this really works for. If the lesion is mild, you may have some luck. This is the formula recipe. Dose robustly.

I have the best luck with amputation followed by herbs.

10g Chai Hu (Bupleurum)
15g Huang Qin (Scutellaria)
15g Xuan Shen (Scrophularia)
15g Zi Cao (Lithospermum)
15g Qing Hao (Artemisia)
15g Qin Jao (Gentian)
15g Zhi Mu (Anemarrhena)
10g Gan Cao (Licorice)
15g Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra)
10g Huang Lian (Coptis)

Erin
by naturevet
October 16, 2017
My latest effort is with Qing Ying Tang. Too soon to tell if it's helping, but if the dog had a pulse responsive to Shao Yang and Blood moving points, it would be worth considering. The formula above fits that scenario, too, and they could be used together. The formula above is also used with Hoxsey and Boneset, so no need to stop that

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply