Question Details
Herbs For Paralysis
by citydvm - November 29, 2017
Hi Steve,
I have a Chihuahua 10 yr old M/N with hind limb paralysis from an accident, the other dog jumped on his back- was paralyzed,for 8 months before I saw him and no MRI's done so it was assumed he had broken his back but level not localized no neuro consult done
. Used active points St-36, GB-34, bowling ball points in the hips, and Bl 23-26. Very little improvement.
Is there any herbal you can recommend at this point?

Thanks very much.
Voltaire
Replies
by naturevet
December 2, 2017
Hi Voltaire,

There are many possibilities here. Changes in the pulse in response to particular acupuncture points can help you sort things out.

It sounds like a February or March onset, given the timing mentioned above. If so, then XCHT is a consideration. Since it is very refractory, you'll want to add 12g Gui Zhi and 15g Bai Shao granules to the Nat Path version of the formula. It addresses deep unresolved spinal cord inflammation. Use this if the pulse responds to GB points and is deep, full and strong to begin with.

If the pulse is almost non-palpable, or profoundly weak, and it responds to BL 20 tonification, use Bu Yang Huan Wu Tang

If the pulse is thin and toned, pr conversely is superficial and buoyant, then Du Huo Ji Sheng Tang should be considered given the breed, particularly if BL 40 (sedation) improves the pulse.

Those are just a few ideas to get you going. If you can provide more specifics, that will help me help you

Steve
by citydvm
December 5, 2017
Hi Steve,
Any particular brand you prefer for Bu Yang Huan? this seems to fit best, thanks again
by naturevet
December 7, 2017
We use Natural Path's version for this. I can't speak to whether other brands will work

S
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply