Question Details
Interpreting Weakness And Pain Worsenning At The End Of The Day
by landauvet - December 22, 2017
I am working on a large Newfie/Rottie cross who has had a lot of leg and back pain. Deep and toneless pulse. No stiffness at first rising or first part of the day, but significant pain and stiffness by the night time. Symptoms worse with cold. For some reason, I am confused by the pm worsening of symptoms and lack of pain at first rising (although there is some stiffness at first rising at my appointments!) Active GB points and on Benefits Hips and Knees and Yi Yi Ren Tang. Doing ok but want to do better.
Do I interpret the pm fatigue as a yin/blood deficiency sign?
Replies
by naturevet
December 22, 2017
Hi Kevin,

I think you're on the money there. The 'doing well in the morning, crappy in the evening' type of dog is usually suffering from Kidney deficiency, which can be an associated condition of Shao Yang disharmony, and also Tai Yang invasion, which you are currently treating. Look at the dog as having had its excesses removed by the existing formulas, and now you're seeing the root condition of Qi deficiency reflected in the pain pattern and the pulse

Given all that, I'd suggest something basic like You Gui Wan, as long as the dog isn't too hot (which is unilkely if it's worse from cold). Continue the formulas you feel are working.

Hope that helps!

Steve
by landauvet
December 27, 2017
Thanks so much. I will integrate the YGW in and cut back on the YYRT since there were active GB points at last visit. She is on Body Sore as well which he seems to need for comfort. I will let you know how it goes.
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply