Question Details
Uncharacteristic Aggression
by
There's something happening with my dog Beau that is not quite right. Yesterday I noticed he didn't seem that happy and had a certain look in his eyes that I've recognized before. And sure enough he growled at me and really growled at my friend last night. He has this certain look when I've had this issue before and its almost a devilish almost not completely there look in his eyes, like he doesn't know where he is. He also is licking alot inner groin and today inner thigh esp around knee and distal. Scratching just in general. Tongue seems slightly more pink with lavender and thin white coating, yesterday almost a reddish, but not today. Moderate reverse sneezing episode last night. He almost has this panic look in his eyes when he is in the middle of an episode. Arthritic stepping on hind end. Restless.
What to do?
Mona
Replies
by naturevet
March 3, 2009
Okay, those are definitely heat signs. Huang Qi, which is part of Bu Yang Huan Wu Tang (his formula for hemangiosarcoma) is heating, so I guess that's why. You could try a small amount of Long Dan Xie Gan Tang - a spoon or two twice daily to counterbalance that. It should be a third or a quarter of the BYHWT, so we don't damage his Qi, which we assessed as deficient. That's how BYHWT works - it tonifies Qi to move Blood. So just give enough to take the edge off.

The other possibility is his orifices are obscured by Phlegm. In which case adding some Shi Chang Pu to his formula may help. I'll let your intuition mull over which is the better choice for Beau.
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply